Menlo Park, CA, USA
October 22-26, 2011
This annual event is a valuable opportunity to learn about the latest plans, new developments and exciting research at LCLS and SSRL. It is also a great time to interact with other scientists, potential colleagues, and vendors of light source related products and services. The Annual Users' Conference officially begins on October 24, but a few pre-conference events will kick things off:
- X-Ray Spectroscopy of Magnetic Solids (XRMS) - Oct. 22-23
- Time Resolved X-Ray Science at High Repetition Rate Workshop - Oct. 22-23
De-Mystifying the Lightsource Experience - Oct. 23
(View videos of the 2011 presentations on iTunes U.)
In addition to combined plenary talks featuring the latest user research, user facility instrumentation and science highlights, there will be several workshops focusing on:
- Synchrotron Applications in Chemical Catalysis
- Non-Linear X-ray Sciences and Optics
- New Advances in Crystallography with Synchrotrons and X-FELs
- Future X-ray Sources: LCLSII Challenges and Opportunities
Learn about DOE, SSRL and LCLS developments and strategic plans:
- LCLS Update - Jo Stöhr - Oct 24 8:30 am
- SSRL Update - Chi Chang Kao - Oct 24 9:45 am
- KEYNOTE: Coherent diffractive imaging and electron dynamics - Robin Santra - Oct 24 12:50 pm
- KEYNOTE: X-Ray Laser interactions with materials: opportunities and limitations in determining electronic structure - Jo Stohr - Oct 24 1:30 pm
- LCLS Facility Update – John Arthur - Oct 26 8:30 am
- SSRL SPEAR3 Update and Future Plans - John Schmerge - Oct 26 9:00 am
- New Capabilities and Science Opportunities at SSRL - Britt Hedman - Oct 26 10:30 am
- Research on Materials for Sustainable Energy at SSRL and SLAC- Mike Toney - Oct 26 11:00 am
Share your latest science through posters and encourage students to participate in the Student Poster Competition. Students are invited to make a quick (1 minute) pitch for their poster during the 'Poster Slam' shortly before the poster session begins on October 24th. In addition to the opportunity to discuss their research projects, reduced registration fees, and poster prize competition, students presenting posters get a free dinner on October 24th (indicate this when completing the online registration). Winners of the Outstanding Student Poster Competition will also be asked to give a brief 5-10 minute presentation at the conclusion of the annual users' conference on October 26th. Submit abstracts for the poster session before October 17th.
Reserve accommodations at the Guest House and specify SSRL/LCLS/SLAC to take advantage of discounted rates.
EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 13th: Register now to attend the Annual LCLS/SSRL Users' Meeting and Workshops. Walk-in late registration only after October 20th.