SLAC Computer Accounts
Participants will need to have a SLAC computer account. Following the following steps to obtain your SLAC computer account.
- Obtain an SID (SLAC ID) number
- Fill out the SLUO New User Form.
- On page 1, be sure to check "yes" for "Will you be using any SLAC computing resources", and
- for "Experiment you will be working on", select "ACD ==> Advanced Computations Department".
- On page 2, the "SLAC Sponsor" is Cho-Kuen Ng,
- for "SLAC Group/Department", select "Accelerator Research",
- for "Starting Date", put 8/28/2009,
- for "Funding Source", select "None",
- for "How long will you be working on a SLAC project", select Fixed Term,
- for "If 'Fixed Term'", use 8/28/2009 and 9/14/2009 as starting and ending dates.
- Please leave the "SLAC Office information" section blank.
- After this form has been submitted, you will receive your SID number, which you will need to have before applying for SLAC computer accounts.
- Before filling out these forms, you must already have your SID number (please see above).
- The procedure is listed in the Guidelines for Computer Accounts Requests page.
- Complete step 1.
- Print and sign the declaration from step 2.
- Fill out and then print the SLAC Computer Account form in step 3.
- Leave the "SLAC Location:" boxes empty,
- fill in the "Off-site Location" section, and
- check both Windows and Linux under "New Account Type.
- You can leave "Email Routing" unchecked, and instead request in "Additional Instructions" that your SLAC email be forwarded to your preferred email.
- The "Computer Czar" is Cho-Kuen Ng, and the group code is "AP".
- After completing the forms from steps 2 and 3, please mail them both to Cho:
- Cho will sign, and we will submit the forms directly to SCCS.
Advanced Computations Department, M.S. 27
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
2575 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025