Access to SLAC
All visitors must have a valid photo ID to enter the Laboratory. The SLAC Main Gate is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (more about visiting SLAC).
To reach the Stanford Guest House, ask for directions at the main gate. Parking is available for registered guests.
SLAC also has an on-site cafeteria. To learn more about the hours and menus, please go to cafeteria's website.
Local Restaurant Guides
- RestaurantRow.com: List of Menlo Park restaurants (Note: some restaurants are outside of the Menlo Park/Palo Alto area)
- Waiters on Wheels: Palo Alto area (This is great if you don't have a car.)
- Cantor Center for Visual Arts (Stanford University)
- The Exploratoruim (San Francisco)
- Golden Gate Park (San Francisco)
- Legion of Honor (San Francisco)
- San Jose Museum of Art (San Jose)
- The Tech Museum of Innovation (San Jose)
- The Santa Cruz Surfing Museum (Santa Cruz)
- Hakone Japanese Tea Garden (San Jose)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium (Monterey)
- Coyote Point Museum (San Mateo)
- San Francisco Opera (limited summer program)
- San Francisco Symphony
- Villa Montalvo Arts Center - outdoor concerts (Saratoga)
- Bay Area Hiker: Peninsula and South Bay Hikes (Menlo Park / Palo Alto)
- County of San Mateo Park Trails (Menlo Park area)
Extended Day Trips